“Agricultural waste as raw textile and design material in the municipality of Kocani”
We are looking for young designers (fashion, textile, product design) with an innovative DNA and a forward-thinking approach. Designers who are interested in the research and prototyping of innovative approaches to the use of rice waste in design, motivated to participate in the project and interested in design thinking & environmental protection.
The Project is organized in two fronts. On one hand, a program with theoretic and practice action through workshops, and knowledge sharing centered on the topic of production and addressing questions on creation, sustainability and know-how. In parallel, the selected designers will be able to present the prototype products during the final Art Exhibition.
This call is organized in the framework of the “Agricultural waste as raw textile and design material in the municipality of Kocani” project. It is carried out by Macedonian Fashion Association and the Association of Citizens for Cultural and Artistic Activities ODONATA, v.Orizari, Kocani. The project is implemented within the framework of the Regional Program for Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 – ReLOaD2 is financed by The European Union (EU), and it is implemented by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP MK).
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN:
- Theoretical trainings during two-month period with the mentors and the participants for developing of the designs, concepts and practical use of the rice waste;
- Practical workshops during two-months period by the experts for processing of the raw materials for developing new designs;
- Promotion of the achieved project results through videos, photos and a presentation of the completed products at the exhibition in March 2023.
Details of the participation
Costs/ Travel and workshop costs will be covered by the hosting organizations, Macedonian Fashion Association and Odonata;
Timing and Duration
- 9 August 2022: Launch call
- 5 September: Call closes
- 12 September: Private announcement of finalists
- Project duration: September 2022-March 2023
Requirements for designers looking to participate in the activities:
- Age 18-28;
- Professional approach;
- Clear communication and distribution brand vision;
- Motivation to participate in the project and interest in design thinking & environmental protection.
How to apply. Submit your application here.
Please send further information via email:
- Brand presentation, values and visuals;
- Designer profile (bio);
- URL of the website, Instagram and Facebook account;
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should be sent by 5 September 2022 at the latest.
Craft your Future to raise awareness of rice waste as a raw material for a circular and design thinking future.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the project!
For more details contact us at: email@example.com